Citizens of Europe hereby announces one available placement for EVS (European Voluntary Service) volunteers in our office in Berlin, starting in May 2016 with a duration of 12 months.
As an EVS volunteer at Citizens of Europe, you will get the chance to broaden your skills and interests in working with international projects that promote democracy and human rights for an active European civil society, together with our members and partner organisations.
We are looking for EVS-volunteers with:
- Initiative and the ability to work autonomously
- Motivation to contribute actively and share your knowledge and ideas
- Creativity and interest to create your own project within Citizens of Europe’s framework
- European awareness and interest: this does not mean you have to be an enthusiastic pro-European. Most important is that you have an opinion of your own and are interested in following current developments in Europe
- Organisational experience, for instance from engagements in a local student organisations, youth associations, political or cultural organisations etc.
- Ability to work fluently in English. A knowledge of German is appreciated.
- Age between 21 and 30 years
The EVS-programme provides you with:
- A monthly allowance for accommodation, food, pocket money and public transportation
- German language course
- Health insurance
- On-arrival and mid-term training courses during your volunteering
- Travels to Berlin and home again after finishing your EVS
Due to an expected high level of applicants, only those selected for the first round of interviews will be contacted in early January 2016.
Please email if you have any questions!
Citizens of Europe team